Thursday, January 12, 2006

a whole new world

Well, I've finally found a reason to create my own blog.

I am 38 years old, have two young kids and breast cancer. Since there has never, as far as I know, been anyone with breast cancer in my family, the odds of it happening to me are quite small indeed. Nor do I have very many of the other risk factors. But here I am.

I would rather have won the lottery.

I have, however, decided to deal with this challenge in the way I always do - along with liberal amounts of wine, outings with my dogs and the abundant support of friends and family - by writing about it.

I have certainly found the experience thus far - from lump to diagnosis - to be interesting (at least I have lots to say about it). And I hope this process will help me understand and explain this new world that has opened up to me.

No comments: