Tuesday, October 24, 2006

not bloody likely

My radiation oncologist always treats me as if I am about to burst into hysterical tears. It makes me crazy.

When I start to show annoyance, he seems to take this as further evidence of potential instability and it only makes him worse. I am trying to learn to keep my mouth shut, get the information I need and get out of there.

But it' s not easy.

On the other hand, yesterday's appointment held no nasty surprises. My skin is healing well and so is the rest of me, slowly but surely.

Still working on patience, though.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Eric's radiation doc was really odd too. Eric actually wrote in his journal that the guy was like the love child of the Green Lantern and the guy who invented the atomic bomb. Just a very cold and creepy dude.

Maybe the job attracts a certain type...