Wednesday, January 17, 2007

pajamas again

Yesterday was a chemo day, so, of course, today was spent in my pajamas. All things considered, I am doing well (I was really sick last night but woke up - at eleven - this morning feeling tired but only a little queasy).

No Herceptin this time, only chemo.

My white blood cells, and in particular the infection fighting neutrophils have rebounded really well (my count yesterday was seven. I have no idea what this means, except that I was at zero when I was in the hospital and two a couple of weeks ago).

My echocardiogram showed that my heart is now functioning at fifty-eight per cent effciency. This is back to what it was before I was diagnosed with cancer (a little better in fact), when I was in really good shape. I can breathe easier, now, knowing I won't be yanked off the Herceptin (or forced to take heart medication).

I think this bodes well for my ultrasound on Friday. These things happen in three's, no?

By next week, I hope to tell you all the story of my incredible shrinking tumours.

5 comments:

amanda said...

If I remember right, I think that a neutrophil count of twelve or thirteen is "normal," so congrats for the huge rebound!! Awesome, awesome stuff!

Anonymous said...

Excellent news!

Anonymous said...

If I were a betting woman, which I am (and you still owe me $5. for you know what) I'd say you're gaining strength and wellness. What good news!

SSW

ckoenen said...

laurie,

i recently learned of your blog from old comrades...since words seem useless to me at the moment, i'll send all my positive thoughts and energy from Cape Cod.

xxoo,
cass

Anonymous said...

From 0 to 7, sounds good. Hopefully, you're at 7 w/ a bullet.

Good luck with your ultrasound. Oh boy, I get one next week. Wheeee.