Tuesday, July 10, 2007

cancelled

Chemo was cancelled due to low neutrophils (the white blood cells that fight infection) today. I went in by myself for the first time (which was fine, thanks to a borrowed cd player and a talking book) and was, frankly shocked when they sent me home (they won't administer chemotherapy if neutrophils dip below 1.0. Mine were at o.8. And they didn't bother with Herceptin, since I have to go back for chemo anyway).

But now I'm feeling pretty run down and my throat is scratchy. I took the dog out for a walk and couldn't go for more than a few blocks. I am wiped out.

The power of suggestion or am I really run down?

I'll find out tomorrow when I go back to the cancer centre, get bloodwork done again, wait for results and then either go home or get treated.

I'm hoping I get treated, since the rest of the summer has been pretty much plotted out. The kids are in camp when they need to be, off when I will be feeling well and we have planned a couple of getaways (including the trip to Chicago).

I have plans, dammit.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then, get into bed, rest and move on with the plans!

I am a firm believer in the power of THE NAP. Some have been know to extend for a whole night.
When I had whooping cough in the winter I was blotto. I would get up to get the kids to school, have a 6 hour nap, get up to watch the kids come in the door have a nap, make dinner and go to bed at 7 for the night. I figure that for two weeks I was awake for perhaps 5 hours a day.

I can seriously sympathize with fatigue now. I also know there is only one cure.

Martha

Anonymous said...

Aha - clearly you need some more champagne! Shall I send you over a bottle, or a caseload?