Tuesday, August 28, 2007

a paler shade of green

Today was a chemo day.

It took exactly ten minutes to go from feeling terrific to feeling like crap.


Five good things about the last couple of days:

  1. Yesterday, I did a purge of the junk in my linen closet and bathroom cabinets (and boy, was that overdue) (like, years overdue).
  2. Afterwards, I went for a fast walk, the kind that really gets my heart rate up. It was a gorgeous day, in my favourite place. It was also fun watching my dog almost crash into trees as he tried to catch some pretty dopey squirrels.
  3. We had an impromptu family dinner last night. My boys and my sweetie, his brother and my sister-in-law, my nieces and my mom-in-law. The best part of the meal was the tomatoes from our garden. And the lovely wine our guests had brought.
  4. I had lunch today with one of my very best friends today, the kind of friend you want to talk to about everything. We ate at one of my favourite pre-chemo haunts, a vegetarian thai place (Sacred Garden, on Bank Street, if you live in Ottawa or ever come here), with a lovely, relaxing atmosphere.
  5. As I type this in bed, my cat is curled up against my feet (sometimes, he can fool you into thinking he's a nice kind of kitty) and my dog is on his bed, snoring away. I love dog snores.
It's amazing how that little exercise always works.

I'm in a much better mood, now.

Oh and I should add that my white blood counts, and my neuts (the cells that fight infection) in particular are higher than they have been in a long time.

So, I'll spend the next couple of days in bed. And then, with renewed energy and no treatment until September 18th...

...I'm already working on my to-do list.

1 comment:

Mom2Amara said...

Hope you're taking it easy today. Sounds like you'll need your strength for your growing to do list :)

Congrats on your blood counts!!

And BTW, the Arboretum looks beautiful!