Monday, April 21, 2008

elated, enamoured, educated, exhausted.


We had a wonderful time. And did lots. And saw friends (and Grandpa).

And I have never been prouder of my beautiful, smart, adventurous, loving son.

I'll write more when I am more coherent (I am still recovering from jet-lag).

This photo was taken at the Tower of London. More are up Flickr (taken from Monday, April 14 to Wednesday, April 16) with others to follow when I am back to life.

I am so very glad we took this trip. It was made possible by people who love us and as a conscious decision to make some very good memories.

I was a bit anxious about going but the trip, my son, my friends and family and the people of London, all exceeded my expectations.

Did I mention that we had a wonderful time?

3 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

WELCOME HOME!
You were sooooo missed! I am so glad you went and had a FAB time! I can't wait to see all the photos, hear about the stories and hold some of the memories for myself. Sister, I am glad you are home and I am glad you had a great time. I am just glad for you!

Dee said...

Hi Laurie,
I'm glad your experience of London was great! I taught there three years ago .. . but don't want to go into too many details at the moment. I did get to see an ivory carving of one of my relatives at the British Museum - on display in the North America room and one of my students got to see a handwritten letter by Thomas Jefferson at the British National Archives. Anyway, welcome home!

Mom2Amara said...

So glad you're back! Now get posting!! :)