Sunday, September 14, 2008

have you ever? (a stolen meme)

I stole this meme from Average Jane. It's originally from Sunday Stealing.

It felt like the perfect distraction for a lazy, rainy Sunday morning.

Have you ever....

1. gone on a blind date?

Once. More than twenty years ago. His entire family came along (including grandparents) and he didn't make eye contact with me once. Very strange experience.

2. skipped school?

There are two answers to this question.

For my mom and my kids: "Never."

For everyone else: Fairly regularly, in high school.

3. watched someone die?

No

4. been on a plane?

Many times.

5. been on the opposite side of your country?

I have been to west and east coasts (born in New Brunswick!) and to two of the three northern territories.

6. swam in the ocean?

Yup.

7. had your booze taken away by the cops?

I have never been caught.

8. lettered in high school sport?

Do we letter in sports in Canada? No sports teams for me, anyway. I did theatre and band...

9. cried yourself to sleep?

Yes. But not lately.

10. played cops and robbers?

My friend B., my sister and I used to pretend we were Charlie's Angels. Were they cops?

11. sung karaoke?

Once. Under duress.

12. paid for a meal with coins only?

Of course.

13. done something you told yourself you wouldn’t?

Almost every day.

14. cheated on an exam?

Never.

15. made prank phone calls?

"Is your refrigerator running?"

16. laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose?

Yes.

17. caught a snowflake on your tongue?

I live in Ottawa, in Canada! What do you think?

18. written a letter to Santa Claus?

I think I did.

19. watched the sunrise with someone you care about?

I've been up all night...can't remember watching the sun come up.

20. been kissed under the mistletoe?

My parents had the plastic kind.

21. ever been arrested?

Yes. Occupying my MPs office, as part of a demonstration against the first Gulf War.

22. gone ice skating?

See above re Canada.

23. been skinny dipping outdoors?

Lots of times as a kid. As an adult, in the dark only. One time, a couple of years ago, my spouse and I were about to dive into the lake at his dad's cottage when a little boat we hadn't noticed flashed a bright light on us (most likely one of the neighbours out fishing). I hid behind T. The light went off and the boat went away.

24. had a nickname?

Not really. A grade school friend tried to nick name me "Wombat" but it never really stuck.

25. been on TV?

I have acted as a spokesperson for several advocacy organizations. It used to be my job.

No comments: