Friday, July 23, 2010

living large

Chemo typically turns me into a horned, fanged, clawed she-devil for at least one day following treatment. Today is that day.

My head knows the mood will pass but boy am I pissy.

But I'm trying to re-commit to having something vaguely resembling content on this blog, so I thought I'd share a couple of shots taken in a parking lot outside a Sonny's restaurant in South Florida (we'd had lunch that day at my first ever Waffle House. We were on a greasy streak).



We had just come back from a day at Corkscrew Swamp and filled up on ribs and other good fried things and I think I was a little giddy.

Anyway, this car just called to me and I made the boys take photos.


7 comments:

MamaBunny said...

That is just great!

Lene Andersen said...

Love it! And the palmtrees. Sigh...

laurie said...

MamaBunny!! So nice to see you here! Hope you are doing well.
And yes - there is something about being among palm trees that makes me feel like I am on vacation.

sassymonkey said...

Waffle House! I love Waffle House! I went to my first one in Florida too, with Denise and TW. Please tell me you got the hashbrown casserole!

nonlineargirl said...

I'd want a photo with that car too. And now I am imagining the person who chose to put that on their windshield.

Henriette Ivanans said...

OMG...i freakin' LUV it!!! xoxo

laurie said...

I had the hashbrowns, although not in a casserole.
I did try and imagine what the person looked like. I didn't want to actually lean on the car or get caught taking the picture - had a perhaps irrational fear that they might shoot me.