Sunday, August 08, 2010

43 things (part two)


15. My family gave me the Regretsy book, and two cds (Hannah Georgas and David Francey) for my birthday. All were excellent choices.

16. I also had a birthday pedicure. I chose the least conservative colour, a sparkly blue-green. I have since lost a lot of time staring at my toes and smiling.

17. My right foot is a half-size bigger than my left foot.

18. The other names my parents had on the short list for me were Beverly and Andrea. I would have liked to be an Andrea.

19. Sometimes people tell me I am intimidating. I don't understand it at all.

20. I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time when I was 8. I came across it while browsing the adult section (as opposed to the kids' section. Hawkesbury's library did not have those kinds of materials!) of my public library. I had already read pretty much all the books that appealed to me in the kids' section.

21. I read The Grapes of Wrath for a book report when I was 12. I think it made some of my classmates hate me.

1 comment:

Andrea Ross said...

Oooh, another Andrea. We could be Andrea-squared.

Invested, not wasted.

19-21 bring to mind Lisa Simpson, who is currently a household hero... The Simpsons may have been one of our most important ingredients in our breast cancer journey.

I'm enjoying this series. I was unable to comment on the first portion while on vacation last week so I'm glad you didn't publish in one go.

See you Tuesday.