Monday, January 03, 2011

why i love twitter

People often ask what it is I love about Twitter. I tell them how useful it is to get advice and share information - about resources, local business, good things to read, etc. I also love the quick exchanges of ideas, the wit and the humour.

Twitter is fun.

And last week, I found a new reason to love Twitter. Trading. Check out the two exchanges below in which I gained a Canada Reads book from the author and the best quiche that I've ever eaten. Read each conversation from the bottom up (sorry it's so small and blurry - click on each image to make it larger and much easier to read).
















Postcript: When I couldn't figure out how to capture and embed Twitter conversations, I turned to Twitter for help. I got several great responses and, in the end a friend who I met via LibraryThing and got to know on Twitter, actually the capturing forming and sent it to me as an email.

The blurriness is my fault but it's thanks to her I got it done.

I love social media.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I still haven't got the hang of twitter, but perhaps I should do things like ask for advice instead - or opinions on certain matters . . . also I haven't quite figured out how to see ongoing conversations using the iPad app. So, the two screen shots you showed - I don't see that using the iPad app. Hmm . . .

laurie said...

it took a lot of fiddling to get the conversations. in the end, someone did it for me.